Having a legal newsletter is a great way to keep your firm top of mind.
To be “top of mind” means that you and your firm remain fresh in your clients’ minds. This is a good place to be, especially if a matter arises and your clients find they need legal assistance. After all, if you’re at the top of your clients’ minds when something bad happens, you’ll likely be the first one they call to find a solution.
But how do you keep your firm top of mind without being annoying or spammy?
A good way to be memorable without coming off as salesy or pushy is to provide recurrent advice that will benefit your client. This advice should always be geared towards helping them and should never come off as a pitch for business. You want to be viewed as a skillful and practiced attorney with vast knowledge but also a caring individual who wants to do right by his/ her client. This positive position will help convince your client that you are the right one to call when they need help down the road.
So what kind of advice can you provide that will benefit your client?
Select Court Reporters has a few ideas to help you drum up content that will not only help a client out, but also provide intelligence at appropriate times throughout the year:
January – March:
- Send your client reminders to start cleaning up their financials for tax season. Even if you’re not a tax attorney, that doesn’t mean you can’t provide them with a reminder. You can also take the opportunity to refer them to a competent CPA.
- Send your client a reminder to file their annual or periodic reports! Every year, states require businesses to file an annual or periodic report to remain registered with their Division of Corporations. Providing a gentle reminder to your client will help them keep their company in good standing and help you remain in their good graces.
April – June:
- This is a time of year generally associated with rainy days. Sending your client information on water intrusion hazards and how to remedy defective construction is a great way to provide advice and information ahead of time so they know how to react should a similar issue arise.
July – September:
- It’s summertime! That means your clients will likely be headed out of town on vacation. Providing them with information regarding personal injury (in the event of an unforeseen accident) or even travel insurance can help them stay ahead of the game and take care of any necessities prior to travel.
October – December:
- Holiday time is a great time to provide information on consumer protection. People do a lot of shopping at this time of year. Cautioning your clients to take care of their credit – and their credit cards – is not only practical advice, it’s vital to helping them keep their accounts safe and their identity concealed.
Being known as a helpful attorney is great…but being labeled a reliable attorney who goes above and beyond for his/ her clients is supreme. Providing beneficial advice via your legal newsletters is a professional and personable way to take care of clients. It also seals your reputation as a go-to lawyer with a giving nature.
Select Court Reporters is proud to work with attorneys throughout Central Florida. We provide exemplary legal support to law firms in Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Oviedo, Winter Springs, Apopka, Kissimmee, Winter Garden, Clermont, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, etc. Contact us today to discuss your priorities and legal support needs. Phone: (407) 977 – 7725 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org